*2017-2018 Kindergarten Round-Up will be held March 27-31. See below for details and registration packet.*
The Registrar's Office is located in Central Administration at 8353 University Boulevard, Moon Township. For admittance, please report to the Central Administration, in the south corner (back) of the high school. The Registrar's Office is open year-round from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Public parking is available.
Registrar Contact Information
(412) 264-9440 (Menu #8, Extension: 1132)
Kindergarten Specific Documents
• 2017-2018 Kindergarten Registration Letter
• Kindergarten Registration Health Letter
- Children must be five years of age before September 1 to be eligible for entry into Kindergarten.
- Children must be six years of age before September 1 to be eligible for entry into first grade.
- Children must be residents of Moon Township or Crescent Township.
Required Registration Documents
Below is a list of the required documents that you must have in order to register.
- Registration Documents – located on the Moon website - type “registration” on the search box or go to: Registration Packet
- Child’s birth certificate - Original birth certificate or passport must be provided. The child’s name must match his/her proof of birth. No name can be used without documentation of legal name change process presented at registration. Documentation will be photocopied and returned at time of registration. NON-CITIZENS (Without Birth Certificate) must provide one of the following: Passport or Visa (All pages will be copied.)
- Health records/immunizations are up-to-date and signed by physician.
• All Kindergarten students and any students new to Pennsylvania must have a complete physical examination by their doctor.
• All Kindergarten students and any students new to Pennsylvania must have a complete dental examination by their dentist.
- Parent proof of residency
One of the following documents must be provided:
• Original lease or deed signed by both parties
• Mortgage payment booklet or mortgage statement that includes loan number,
current address and contact information of the financial institution.
• Agreement of Sale, followed by original copy of settlement papers within 45
calendar days of settlement.
Plus any two of the following:
• Valid driver’s license or change of address card with your current address
• Valid vehicle owner’s card with your current address
• Utility bill or Utility Activation Statement within 30 days in your name with your
current address (energy, water, sewer, gas, oil, cable
• Pay check stub within 30 days with your current address
• Tax bill (most recent) with your current address
• Homeowners/renters insurance bill with your current address
FAMILIES BUILDING OR BUYING A HOME who request admittance prior to when district residency is established must contact the Registrar in the Moon Area Central Administration Building (412-264-9440 ext. 1132) to secure before submitting this registration packet. They must move into the district within 45 calendar days of student’s entry date.
FAMILIES WHO RESIDE WITH ANOTHER FAMILY within the school district must contact the registrar in the Moon Area central administration building (412-264-9440 ext. 1132) in order to secure a Dual Occupancy Certificate before submitting this registration packet. Multiple occupancies will be validated periodically.
Additional Forms That May Apply*
*If you have questions about whether or not these forms apply to you, please contact our registrar.