Due to the high number of submissions, you will be notified about your child's start date within 5 school days. We are currently not requiring in person enrollment meetings as long as all requried documentation is submitted.
At MASD, our registration process is completely online.
In the attachment below, you will find more information about our registration process, all the necessary documents, as well as Kindergarten Readiness Round-Up.
2020-2021 Registration Letter to Families at MASD
2020-2021 Registration Letter to Families at MASD (Spanish)
Kindergarten or New Student Enrollment
Welcome to the Moon Area School District! The following information will help you begin the online registration process.
Please note: If you already have a child who is currently enrolled in the Moon Area School District, please log into Skyward Family Access and click on the Student Online Enrollment tab on the left to enroll your child who will be new to the District.
- Children must be five years of age before September 1 to be eligible for entry into Kindergarten
- Children must be six years of age before September 1 to be eligible for entry into first grade
- Children must be residents of Moon Township or Crescent Township
Step One: Account Request
Pre-registration is the first step in enrolling your student in the Moon Area School District (MASD).
Completing this account request form will take approximately less than five minutes and will require basic information about you (name, email address, and phone number). Once complete, you will receive an email from MASD with your username and password to complete the pre-registration form.
Step Two: Online Pre-Registration
To complete the online pre-registration form you will need the following information:
- Your child’s previous school information to include school name, address, and phone number
- Emergency contacts: names and contact numbers other than parent/guardian that live in the local area
- Health information including immunization records
- If applicable, Individual Education Plan (IEP), 504, custodial documents, etc.
Having this information ready when you start the online pre-registration form will help you complete the form quicker.
You will have the opportunity to scan a copy of the birth certificate, proof of residency, and immunization documents. To upload forms, scan or take a clear photo of each document in a well-lit area. Make sure all four corners of the page are visible in the image.
Step Three: Document Verification
Once you submit the online pre-registration form, you will need to make an appointment to meet with the District Registrar. This final step confirms area residency, guardianship of the child and ensures that the enrollment process is completed correctly. To the appointment you will need to bring the following:
- Parent/Guardian’s license or state issued ID
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Parent Proof of Residency
- Legal Custody/Guardianship Documentation (if applicable)
- Special Education Documentation (if applicable)
For detailed information on our required documentation, please visit our Registration Process webpage. Please be advised that if all documents are not present at your appointment, the enrollment process cannot continue and you will be asked to return another time.
Click the link below to schedule your appointment:
Registrar Contact Information:
Moon Township, PA 15108
(412) 264-9440 (Menu #8, Extension 1132)
Step Four: Enrollment Confirmation
Once you have submitted your online pre-registration form, as well as, the required documents and have met with the District Registrar, you will receive communication from the school confirming your child(ren)’s enrollment and start date.