The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and was established in 1968 to respond to growing research that correlated a child’s nutrition with academic success and concerns about the lack of nutrition resources for children during the summer months.
Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens 18 and younger at many locations throughout the nation throughout the summer while school is out of session.
Help spread the word.
Schools or families may use any of the following methods to locate sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text “FOOD” or “COMIDA” to 877877 during the summer months
- Text “SUMMER MEALS” or “VERANO” to 97779.
- Use the website: www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks
- Use the site locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org