The Moon Area School Board recognized the team at their meeting on Monday, April 22, 2019, for their achievements this season.
The Moon Area High School Swimming and Diving team continued to thrive this year with both the boys and girls teams winning the MAC and also winning the Section 5 Class 3A Championship for the first time since 2006.
The girls team also placed 3rd in the WPIAL competition with the boys placing 9th.
At states, the following students placed in the top 10:
- Leah Baker finished 5th in the 100 Breast
- Colton Diges placing 10th in the 100 Fly
- Nick Settembrine finished 10th in the 100 Back
Many members of the swim team not only set Hauser Natatorium pool records, but also set school records as well this season.
Hauser Natatorium Pool Records
- Girls Medley Relay of Inde Patterson, Leah Baker, Abby Beatty, and Emma Connors 1:46.23
- Boys Medley Relay of Nick Settembrine, Zachary Tomasic, Colton Diges, and Caleb Kemp
- Nick Settembrine - Boys 100 Back 52.35
MAHS School Records
- Girls Medley Relay of Inde Patterson, Leah Baker, Abby Beatty and Emma Connors 1:45.37
- Natalia Panizzi - Girls 200 IM 2:09.17
- Inde Patterson - Girls 100 Back 56.68
- Leah Baker - 100 Breast 1:02.72
- Girls 400 Free Relay of Emma Connors, Abby Beatty, Natalia Panizzi, and Jenn Divito 3:33.41
- Colton Diges – Boys 100 Fly 49.99
- Nick Settembrine - 200 Free 1:43.92
- Nick Settembrine – 100 Back 50.91
Congratulations, MAHS Swimming and Diving team!