Dear Moon Area Middle School Parents and Guardians:
MASD has made the decision to pivot from a virtual learning environment to a Hybrid Model. The anticipated return date is scheduled for October 5th. For Moon Area Middle School, the Hybrid Model will be the following:
Grades 5 and 6:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: In-person instruction at school.
- Wednesday: Virtual instruction at home.
- Tuesday: All 7th grade students in-person instruction at school.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: Virtual instruction at home.
- Thursday: All 8th grade students in-person instruction at school.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: Virtual instruction at home.
Students will be required to wear face coverings while in the building and while using district transportation. More information will be shared about this next week. In addition, we will adhere to social distancing guidelines to the best of our ability.
We understand that some families may wish to continue in the fully virtual setting. We will continue to offer the Virtual Model where students will learn remotely at home five days a week.
Please complete the questionnaire that was emailed to you. If you have multiple middle school students in your home, please complete a separate questionnaire for each student. This will help us gather data regarding your child's learning model. After we review the information, we will communicate a more detailed plan of what your child’s day will look like moving forward.
Thank you for your continued patience and flexibility.
Melissa Heasley, Principal
Megan Kirchner, Assistant Principal
Jason D’Alesio, Assistant Principal