All Moon Area School District students will have access to one free breakfast and one free lunch for each instructional day at school or while learning virtually. Students who pack a lunch may order a FREE “Tiger Snack” containing white or chocolate milk, a fruit and whole grain graham crackers. Please note: students may order one free lunch OR one free Tiger Snack per day. They may not order both.
We will continue to offer individually wrapped utensils and condiments. Keypads will not be used. Students will only need to “check out” with a cashier if they are purchasing ala carte snacks or beverages. Students will tell the cashier their lunch account number.
Meals are only available when school is in session. Typically this is Monday-Friday. However, if students do not have school, meals for that day will not be provided. For example, Monday, October 12 is an in-service day and students do not have school. Therefore, students will have the opportunity to receive four breakfasts and four lunches the week of October 12.
For menus and ordering please visit the Food Services Webpage at: www.moonarea.net/administration/20.
Hybrid Model (K-12)
** Moving forward, all Hybrid Model students (K-12) who wish to receive breakfast and lunch on Wednesday will need to submit a meal order each week. Meal orders must be received by noon on Tuesday in order to receive your child’s meals for the following week. Even if you have signed up in the past, you must sign up using the form below for each week that you wish to receive meals for Wednesday. Thank you for your cooperation. **
On-Campus Hybrid Learning
• Free breakfast and lunch will be provided in person four days per week at each cafeteria.
• Students who pack their lunch may order a Tiger Snack instead of a free lunch.
• Breakfast will be grab & go when students get off the bus.
• Students in grades K-4 will have their lunch / Tiger Snack orders taken by their teacher each morning.
• Students in grades 5-12 will be prompted to order their lunch and packers may order a Tiger Snack using a link provided at school.
Wednesday Virtual Learning
• During Wednesday virtual learning, the Moon Area School District Food Service Department is providing a drive-thru meal service for ALL Moon Area School District students.
• We will offer one free breakfast and one free lunch each week.
• The drive-thru meal service will occur on Tuesday evenings from 5:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. and on Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the back of the High School. Please remain in your car and follow the signs to our drive-thru meal service.
• The ordering deadline to pick up meals on October 13 and October 14 has been extended to Sunday, 10/11 at 5:00 p.m.
• Beginning Monday, October 12, all orders must be received each week no later than Tuesday at noon for meals the following week. You must submit your order each week. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Click to order.
Virtual model (K-12)
** All Virtual Model students (K-12) who wish to receive breakfast and lunch only have to submit their order one time to continue to receive their meals each week. Thank you for your cooperation. **
• Drive-through for students who are in the fully Virtual Model and children 18 and younger is available at the Moon Area High School on Wednesday from 9:30 am to 11:00 am.
• Students will receive one week’s worth of food (five breakfasts and five lunches).
• Orders must be submitted no later than Thursday at noon to receive meals Wednesday of the following week.
• Once enrolled, parents do not need to reenroll each week. If you are already enrolled, you do not have to reenroll at this time.
• Beginning October 21. the drive-thru meal service will occur on Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the back of the High School. Virtual meals for this Friday, October 9 will still be distributed from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Click to order.