Dear MASD Families:
This email contains a few informational items from the Moon Area School District’s technology department.
For those who need assistance with their devices, please visit our technology page at www.moonarea.net/technology. There you will find solutions to some common issues.
If that information does not help, you may get in touch with a technician by opening a helpdesk ticket. The links are on the technology page. When you fill out a ticket, please include the student name, ID, school building, and call back number.
If issues cannot be resolved through the ticket system or remotely, we may schedule an appointment for you to come in. Appointments can be made from 9 am to 3 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday, appointments can be made from 10am to 5pm.
For everyone’s safety, appointments will be spaced out to decrease contact with others. For those who would like to speak with someone from the IT staff, we are also hosting 1 hour Zoom meetings on Tuesday and Thursday from 1-2pm.
As we see an increase in damaged iPads and laptops being turned in for repair, we want to reinforce the importance of device care. Due to the current situation, repair times have nearly tripled as a result of supply shortages. Most of the damaged devices that are sent out for repair are taking 6-8 weeks to turn around and we are having trouble sourcing parts for devices that we repair in house. Loaner devices are also at extremely low levels. Please help us help you by being extra cautious with your school issued devices.
- Keep your device in its protective cover (if you were issued one).
- Keep food and drinks away from your device.
- Do not expose your device to excessive heat or cold.
- Do not stack heavy objects (like multiple books in a backpack) on top of your device.
- Keep your device out of reach of Fido and Fluffy (and any other family pets).
- Handle your device gently.
- Plug and unplug cords from your device carefully.
- Do not place your device on an uneven surface where it might fall.
- Beware of cord placement and walking paths. Someone might trip on your cord and pull your device off of a table or desk.
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. Have a safe and happy holidays!
The Moon Area School District Technology Team