These guidelines and procedures that are in effect at all public school events Moon Area at Tiger Stadium, District gymnasiums, auditoriums, etc. Our goal is to establish safe, fan-friendly venues that will allow everyone to comfortably enjoy student competitions and performances. It is with this goal in mind that the following procedures have been implemented beginning in the 2018-19 school year.
Prohibited items in all venues include but are not limited to:
- Coolers, backpacks, and bags (exception: medical and family needs)
- Bluetooth speakers, balls, frisbees, drones, weapons or other disruptive items are prohibited
- Bicycles or skateboards are not allowed in any school or at Tiger Stadium
- Per state law, smoking, vaping, or use of any tobacco products is strictly prohibited
- Outside food and beverages (exception: medical and family needs)
- Moon Area School District reserves the right to inspect clothing and belongings when deemed necessary
Additionally, proper behavior by students and spectators at all events is required. Please remember that student performances are part of their educational experience. Please be aware that abusive/profane behavior and language could result in removal from any event. This behavior can also result in possible exclusion from future events at the discretion of school officials and the Superintendent.
The following offenses are listed in Board policy 218.5. All spectators and participants are expected to follow these guidelines. Violations include:
- Offenses Involving Danger to Persons or Property– Including: (1) assault, (2) possession of weapons and dangerous instruments, (3) theft, (4) damaging or unauthorized use of school property, (5) trespassing, (6) making threats directed against the schools which involve potential danger to persons or property, (7) bullying behaviors.
- Offenses Involving Chemical Substances– Including: (1) possession of alcohol or marijuana, (2) possession, use or distribution of a drug or controlled substance under circumstances that constitute violation of the law, (3) other activities which constitute violations of the Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act, (4) smoking and possession or use of tobacco in any form.
- Offenses Against Public Order and Decency– Including: (1) using contemptuous words, (2) behaving with disrespect in language or deportment, (3) disobeying a lawful command, regulation or school policy, (4) fighting, (5) making unreasonable noise, (6) using obscene language, (7) creating a hazardous condition, (8) gambling, (9) violating the Dress Code.
- Offenses Against Orderly Operation of the Schools– Including: (2) harassing or annoying a school employee, harassing and/or bullying another student, (3) making a false statement or representation, (4) causing disruption to the good order and discipline of the school.
Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together to keep our students and community safe!