The following persons are authorized to enroll students:
- Parent (natural or adoptive)
- Court-appointed guardian
- Foster parent appointed by state agency
- If you are not the biological or adoptive parent of the student you are enrolling, then you must show proof that you are authorized to enroll the student. Moon Area School District only accepts court-appointed guardianship documentation.
- If you are divorced from the student’s other parent, we must have a copy of the custody portion of your final decree
Verification of Identity of parent/guardian:
- Driver’s license (any photo driver’s license or PA ID Card is permitted) OR,
- Passport with photo
- If an agent or representative of social services or foster care agency, appropriate identification
Parents/guardians must upload the following documents within the online application to enroll their child:
- Photo ID of the person registering the student or student photo ID if over the age of 18.
- Copy of the student’s birth certificate with embossed seal, valid passport, or baptismal record
Students entering kindergarten must be five-years-old on or before September 1 of the school year for which they are being enrolled.
- Immunization records - Immunization record from an authorized health care provider or public health agency (month/day/year is required for all immunization dates)
- All kindergarten students and any students new to Pennsylvania must have a complete physical examination by their doctor
- All kindergarten students and any students new to Pennsylvania must have a complete dental examination by their dentist
- Parent proof of residency
- One of the following documents must be provided:
- Original lease or deed signed by both parties
- Mortgage payment booklet or mortgage statement that includes loan number, current address and contact information of the financial institution
- Agreement of sale, followed by original copy of settlement papers within 45 calendar days of settlement
- Plus, any two of the following:
- Valid driver’s license or change of address card with your current address
- Valid vehicle owner’s card with your current address
- Utility bill or utility activation statement within 30 days in your name with your current address (energy, water, sewer, gas, oil, cable)
- Pay stub within 30 days with your current address
- Tax bill (most recent) with your current address
- Homeowner’s/renter’s insurance bill with your current address
- One of the following documents must be provided:
- Legal custody/guardianship documents – If there are any legal documents pertaining to custody of the student, you must provide a copy of that documentation. This includes divorce decrees and temporary legal guardianship papers. If the student is their own legal guardian, they must be present to register. If student is over 18 this documentation is not necessary.
- Last issued report card or official school transcript
- Special education documents (Student’s most current IEP, 504 Plan, or Individual Health Plan and assessment reports, if applicable)
Please be advised that if all documents are not submitted, the enrollment process cannot continue.
If the student lives in a single parent household, the following additional items must be presented:
- Notarized statement from the non-custodial parent acknowledging their child’s enrollment at MASD. This statement must include the parent’s full name, address, and telephone number.
- Custody papers
Families building or buying a home:
- Students, who will be enrolling in the District upon completion of their newly constructed or purchased residence, will have tuition waived for a period of 45 school days; however, a deposit in the amount equal to tuition for 45 days will be collected at the time of enrollment. The tuition deposit will be reimbursed, within 30 calendar days, after residency documentation is provided to the District.
If the family resides in a household with another family, the following additional items must be presented:
- Required for families who are living with another family within Moon or Crescent Township
- The multiple occupancy forms must be signed by the parent and the resident family member to verify the student’s residence in the District
- The homeowner/resident of record must also provide a current lease or deed, plus two additional documents confirming their address
- The parent must show at least one document with name and that address for proof of residency
- Provide proof that the owner/lessor or record or his/her agent granting permission for the parties involved to reside at the residence, under what circumstances, and the expected duration. Note: Only the owner of record or his/her agent can grant permission for the parties to reside in a property, a lessee cannot.
Multiple Occupancy Forms must be renewed every school year or more frequently if change of residence occurs.
A non-resident student affidavit is required for students who are living with another family within Moon or Crescent Township.
The District shall immediately enroll homeless students, even if the student or parent/guardian is unable to produce the required documents, in accordance with school board policy, laws, and regulations.
A child must have the required medically-appropriate vaccines by the first day of school or risk exclusion from school.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania immunization requirements are as follows for all children in grades K-12:
- Three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine (Hepatitis #3 must be given after 6 months of age)
- A second dose of Measles Vaccine, preferably given as Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) on or after first birthday
- A fourth dose of Tetanus and Diphtheria Vaccine, including one dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- Three doses of Polio Vaccine
- Two doses of Chicken Pox (Varicella) Vaccine, history of disease, or lab test (dose #1 must be given after first birthday)
Grades 7-12 (in addition to the above vaccines):
- 1 dose of meningitis vaccine (MCV4)
- 1 dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis (Tdap)
Based on student age, we understand that these documents may have to be provided at a later date, but prior to the start of school. Please provide what is current at time of document verification.
Please note: Due to growing class sizes, Moon Area School District elementary attendance zones do not guarantee placement in that particular school. Students are placed based on their registration date. Pre-registration will not “hold a spot” for your student in your neighborhood school, and your student will not be considered enrolled, until you have submitted ALL required documents at the school site. School assignment will be confirmed upon completion of the enrollment process.
Please contact Rhonda DiDomenico for any additional questions regarding elementary placement.
YOUR CHILD IS NOT ENROLLED UNTIL THE ENROLLMENT HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ACCEPTED BY THE DISTRICT.
If you have not verified the pre-enrollment within 30 days, the pre-enrollment will be deleted.