Welcome to the Moon Area School District! The following information will help you begin the online registration process. All new student registration takes place online.
- Children must be five years of age on or before September 1 to be eligible for entry into Kindergarten
- Children must be six years of age on or before September 1 to be eligible for entry into first grade
- Children must be residents of Moon Township or Crescent Township
Step One: Skyward Account Request
Pre-registration is the first step in enrolling your student in the Moon Area School District (MASD). Families who already have a Skyward account may skip ahead to step two.
If your family is new to the Moon Area District, you should begin by requesting a Skyward account. This step will take approximately five minutes and will require basic information about you (name, email address, and phone number). Once complete, you will receive an email from MASD with your username and password to complete the pre-registration form.
Click here to request a Skyward Account.
Step Two: Online Pre-Registration
Log into your Skyward Family Access account and click on the Student Online Enrollment tab on the left to enroll a child who will be new to the Moon Area School District.
To complete the online registration form you will need the following information:
- If applicable, your child’s previous school information to include school name, address, and phone number.
- Emergency contacts: names and contact numbers other than parent/guardian that live in the local area.
- Health information including immunization records.
- If applicable, Individual Education Plan (IEP), 504, custodial documents, etc.
Having this information ready when you start the online registration form is helpful.
You will have the opportunity to scan a copy of the birth certificate, proof of residency, and immunization documents. To upload forms, scan or take a clear photo of each document in a well-lit area. Make sure all four corners of the page are visible in the image.
Step Three: Document Verification
At this time, registration is completely virtual. While we would typically ask families to produce the original documents listed below, we are temporarily permitting copies to be uploaded directly to Skyward. The District Registrar will still review all documents to confirm area residency and guardianship of the child. Please note: At any time throughout the registration process, you may still be asked to produce the original version of any document listed below.
- Parent/Guardian’s license or state issued ID
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Parent Proof of Residency
- Legal Custody/Guardianship Documentation (if applicable)
- Special Education Documentation (if applicable)
For detailed information on our required documentation, please visit our Enrollment Procedures webpage. Please be advised that if all documents are not uploaded or if the copies are not clear, the enrollment process cannot be completed. You will be asked to produce the missing documents so that the enrollment process may continue.
Step Four: Enrollment Confirmation
Once you have submitted your online registration form, including the required documents, you will receive communication from the school confirming your child's successful enrollment. Your child is not considered enrolled in the district until you have this confirmation.
Registrar Contact Information:
Moon Township, PA 15108
(412) 264-9440 (Menu #8, Extension 1132)
If you are enrolling a student for the following school year or during the summer months, please note that we experience a high volume of applications between February and late August. This includes kindergarten and new first grade student registration. Confirmation of your child’s enrollment for the following year will be sent as soon as possible, but it may take several weeks due to the volume of applications we receive during summer months.
Applications for students enrolling for the current school year, while in session, are prioritized. You will be notified of your child's start date within five days if you are enrolling a student for the current school year as long as all required documentation is submitted.