Frequently Asked Questions
The safety and security of our students and staff is a top priority at Moon Area School District. Please review the FAQ below for more information.
Remember -- If you see something, say something! Report it, don't repeat it.
- When the District sends automated calls, why is the voice robotic? Can it be someone's voice?
- Skylert, MASD’s rapid notification/automated broadcast system, doesn’t always leave a message on my answering machine or voice mail. Why? How can I hear a missed message?
- What is the process for releasing information when there is an incident?
- As a parent/guardian, how much information can I have if there is an incident?
- The middle school and the high school are on the same campus and elementary campuses are in five separate locations. Why are building procedures implemented similarly in some situations and differently in others?
- How often are safety/fire drills completed?
- Are there emergency plans in place District-wide and for each building?
- How often is safety discussed, planned for, and revisited in the District?
- Will parents be notified when a safety/lockdown drill occurs at school?
- Are there tips/resources I can use to help guide the conversation with my child about these drills and/or the tragedies that have occurred?
- What is situational awareness and how can I talk to my child about it? How can I, as a parent/guardian, support what they are learning in school about drills?
- As a parent/guardian, can I ask questions about safety for my child’s building or the District?
- Is social media a good resource for information when there is an incident?