Round-trip bus transportation is provided for students in kindergarten through grade 12. Bus stops in Moon and Crescent townships have been situated as conveniently as possible; however, they cannot be randomly changed because of the mandatory approval process.
Parents are reminded not to allow children to change buses without written permission from parents and principal approval.
All student bus information can be found on our parent/student portal, Skyward. Skyward information has been mailed home to parents. Please check your mail for your login information.
Students should arrive at bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to posted time.
The District encourages the parents/guardians of elementary students in grades 1-4 to meet their child(ren) at the bus stop for the afternoon drop-off. The parents/guardians of kindergarten students are required to escort their child(ren) from the bus stop. The bus driver will not release a kindergarten student without the presence of a parent/guardian at the bus stop.
Technology for parents to track our buses:
The school district has implemented a parent app to allow parents to track their student’s buses. In order to subscribe to Stopfinder, you must have a primary e-mail address on file with your student’s school. A subscription email will be sent to the e-mail address you’ve designated as the primary e-mail address. Once your account is setup, you can create sub-subscriptions for another parent, baby sister or even your student.
For information about Stopfinder, visit https://www.mytransfinder.com/mytf/videos/StopfinderApp.mp4
To Request Private/Parochial Transportation
Skyward is the information system that we use to manage our student data including busing information. You must have a Skyward account in order to be able to request and access busing information for each student. You must fill out a separate form for each student. If you already have students in the district, but are adding a new student, you must set up a separate Skyward account for the new student.
- I already have a Skyward account and am requesting Transportation for my Private or Parochial student for the 2022/2023 school year. Click here if you already have a Skyward account.
- I do not have a Skyward account and am requesting an account to set up Transportation for my student for the 2022/2023 school year. Click here if you do not have a Skyward account.
Once you have requested to create a Skyward account for your student, an email will be sent to you to from Skyward with directions to log in.
Parkway and Private Schools Alternate Transportation when Moon is not in Session
When Moon Area is not in session, buses are provided for Parkway and Private/Parochial students. Please see the following schedule.
Click Here! for Schedule.
Bus safety reminders
- Arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled arrival.
- Wait for the bus in a safe place – well off the roadway.
- Enter the bus in an orderly manner and promptly take a seat.
- Follow the bus driver’s instructions.
- Remain in the seat while the bus is in motion.
- Keep head and arms inside the bus at all times.
- Keep the aisles clear at all times.
- Be courteous to the driver and other passengers.
- Be alert to traffic when exiting the bus.
- Pets and other animals are not permitted on buses.
Pennsylvania’s School Bus Stopping Law
Motorists must stop at least 10 feet away from school buses that have their red lights flashing and stop arm extended.
Motorists must stop when they are behind the bus, meeting the bus or approaching an intersection where a bus is stopped.
Motorists following or traveling alongside a school bus must also stop until the red lights have stopped flashing, the stop arm is withdrawn, and all children have reached safety.
If physical barriers such as grassy medians, guide rails or concrete median barriers separate oncoming traffic from the bus, motorists in the opposing lanes may proceed without stopping.
Do not proceed until all the children have reached a place of safety.
The penalties if convicted of violating Pennsylvania´s School Bus Stopping Law include:
Five points on your driving record
60-day license suspension