MASD Schools Recognized for PBIS
Three Moon Area School District elementary schools were recognized for implementing PBIS Tier 1 to fidelity for the 2021-2022 school year. Congratulations to the students, faculty, and staff at...
- Bon Meade Elementary School
- Brooks Elementary School
- Hyde Elementary School
About PBIS at MASD
Each of our elementary schools is engaged in School-wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS). The intent of PBIS is to encourage and reinforce positive behavior from students by creating school-wide expectations.
“Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is an evidence-based, tiered framework for supporting students’ behavioral, academic, social, emotional, and mental health. When implemented with fidelity, PBIS improves social emotional competence, academic success, and school climate. It also improves teacher health and well-being. It is a way to create positive, predictable, equitable and safe learning environments where everyone thrives.” (papbs.org)
The PBIS guiding principles include:
- Every child can learn proper behavior.
- Stepping in early can prevent more serious behavior problems.
- Each child is different and schools need to provide many kinds of behavior support.
- How schools teach behavior should be based on research and science.
- Following a child’s behavioral progress is important.
- Schools must gather and use data to make decisions about behavior problems.